Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Hike + More Work Towards CGC


On friday, I took Shippo for a nice hike at The Garden of the Gods, which ended up being FILLED with tourists. This ended up being a good opportunity to practice walking through a crowd of people, to see how he'd react. He did awesome! He stayed with me the whole time, no pulling or anything, and we were able to walk up to a few people who asked to pet him! We seemed to turn heads the whole time we were there, because I kept hearing people telling each other what a gorgeous dog he was lmao.



Then we got lost, because the maps there suck, so we walked around aimlessly till we found the exit again. When we were exiting the park, I heard somebody telling his group of people how he "potty trained" dogs by rubbing their noses in it, hitting the dog, and throwing it outside. It's hard to imagine that people are still using such outdated methods.

In other news, a co-worker of mine is a trainer, and she said to stop by Friday, so we can test Shippo and see how he reacts to being without me for 3 minutes - another crucial part of the CGC test. I couldn't imagine him reacting badly, but you never know I guess. More on that later...

No comments: